We are delighted to announce that Oliver Rose, an integral part of the Ascentor team, has been appointed as Western Region Chair for the DISA. Oliver first became the IT Sub-Group Deputy Chair in September 2022, and since January is now sitting on the management board with the other regional chairs and the Chair of the DISA. This is a tremendous achievement; congratulations Oliver!
Oliver explains, “I am excited to have become the DISA Western Region Chair and represent its members on a wide range of security disciplines within the defence, government and civil nuclear sectors. To be a voice within the region, host events, virtually and in person, and bring in relevant speakers of value to the membership is something I look forward to doing. To be in this privileged position will provide the Western Region with the latest advice and guidance direct from the source.”
What is the Role of a Western Region Chair?
- Represent the members of their region at the DISA management board meetings.
- Canvass opinion and input on a range of issues within the region, escalating when required.
- Arranging and chairing regional meetings.
- Developing membership within the region, and following up on potential new members.
- Contribute ideas and feedback from their members to allow the organisation to progress.
What does this mean for the Western region?
Oliver will bring to the western region his significant knowledge and experience of:
General cybersecurity, information security assurance, supply chain security and other disciplines within the cybersecurity realm, offering expert advice and guidance to fellow members.
His passion is to share with the members the extensive cybersecurity knowledge that he has built over the years.
For more information on the DISA, please click here.